Our tours book up
quickly. Advance reservations for
regurlarly scheduled tours are highly recommended
Our trips are small groups - the minimum requirement
for a group is 4 and the maximum is 15. If a tour does
not reach the minimum size it may be canceled.
Private and custom tours are exempt from this policy.
Reservations Line: 415.504.3636 Ext 102
Reservations Online: reservations.php
Reservations via Email: email@example.com
Information Line: 415.688.2121
This following phone number is only for 24 hour reservations
and scheduling questions, the ticketing agents that work there have no further
information regarding about our services that we provide. But they are open
24 hours a day: Toll Free: 800 504 4849
We accept credit cards,
cash or travelers checks.
The start location for your trip will be provided when you reserve.
For same day reservations, please call us at 415.688.2121
We will work to accommodate last-minute guests.
Large groups and custom tours are always welcome, please call.
When reserving a trip with Explore San Francisco, guest agrees to the following contract terms:
Explore San Francisco will provide all services described at the price listed.
While participating in the trip, guest agrees to hold harmless Explore San Francisco and Explore San Francisco guides for delays in the start or end time of each trip. Explore San Francisco makes every reasonable effort to start and end each trip on time.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR SCHEDULED TOURS
Regularly scheduled walking tours are non-refundable within 7 days of scheduled
date. Likewise, if we have to cancel or reschedule, we will do our best to notify you
at least 3 days in advance. If a scheduled tour does not meet the minimum requirement of 4 guests the tour may be cancelled. Within the 3 days there are no refunds and
tours will be conducted rain or shine.
POP_UP RESTAURANT / CONCIERGE SERVICES / CUSTOM OR PRIVATE GROUP TOURS / EVENT PLANNING
Each restaurant has it's own cancellation policy, usually a credit card is required to hold a reservation. We must abide by their policies. The booking fee is non-refundable. Likewise when we are making reservations for our clients with third party vendors please be advised that each vendor has it's own policy regarding cancellations, refunds and rescheduling. If we have rendered services our service fees are not reversable.
Please be advised that the tour descriptions are only based on previous tours and are not an exact iitinerary, destinations and stops can and will change for a variety of reasons.However, we know our neighborhoods very well and are confident that you will be delighted with the route that your guide will take you on. On food tours, the restauarant choices change frequently and if you are not delighted with the food please let your guide know immediately. It is our job to make sure that you have a wonderful time. You are our guests, and we will endeavor to treat you as such.
So lets have some fun and if you don't like something, tell your guide who will do his or her best to rectify the situation immediately.
In consideration of being permitted to purchase a ticket or tickets for the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered by Explore San Francisco, (the “Company”), and the Company’s permitting me and those in my party to participate in such food tasting and cultural walking tours, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I, on behalf of myself and those in my party (who are individually and collectively referred to herein as the “Participant”), understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that the Company will rely on same:
1. Participant desires to participate in the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered by the Company (the “Tours”).
2. Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Waiver and Release of Claims.
3. Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with Participant’s participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries and death. Participant’s participation in the Tours is at Participant’s sole risk. Participant, on behalf of Participant and Participant’s successors in interest, hereby forever and unconditionally releases the Company, its owners, officers, employees, agents, and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Tours, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage of property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the Company or any of the released parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of Participant and Participant’s successors in interest, further agrees to defend and indemnify the Company and the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind of nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Tours.
4. Participant agrees to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Company harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
5. Participant grants to Company, including Company’s successors and assigns, the right and authority to use Participant’s name, likeness, photograph and/or picture from the Tours for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to Participant.
6. This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the released parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding relating to the subject matter hereof. There are no representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
7. Company reserves the right to make changes or substitutions in order to meet unexpected situations. Company reserves the right to cancel the Tours, if deemed necessary for reasons including insufficient program participation and circumstances beyond Company’s control, such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond Company’s control. In such event, Company shall have no responsibility, beyond the refund of monies paid to Company by the Participant. A refund shall be made to Participant, within thirty (30) days, by means of a company or bank check.
8. Any modification of this agreement shall be effective only if it is in writing and signed by the party to be charged. The failure of either party to insist on strict compliance with any provision of this agreement by the other party shall never be deemed a waiver of such provision. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect. Should Participant breach this agreement, Participant shall be liable to Company for all losses, claims, resulting from such breach, including any legal or other expenses reasonably incurred in investigating, defending against or bringing suit based upon any such loss, claim or damage. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, their respective representatives, executors, administrators, heirs, successors and permitted assigns.
9. Food Tour Discount Vouchers: On parties of 4 or more, we can only allow half of our guests to use discounted vouchers ( Groupon, Travelzoo, etc). We pay for your food in advance, at full price, so therefore we need to limit the spots available for discounted tickets.
10. Photographs and Videos: Participants agree to allow the Company to use their images for marketing or on social media sites like Facebook, or Trip Advisor. We take pictures on the tours, we send you copies of the pics as a souvenir from the tour. We may use your likeness online to show a reprentation of people enjoying themselves on our tours. Nothing more sinister than that.
11All judicial proceedings against any party hereto arising out of or relating to this agreement will be brought in a state court of competent jurisdiction in the County of San Francisco, State of California. By execution and delivery of this agreement each party accepts for itself, generally and unconditionally, the exclusive jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts, waives any defense of forum non conveniens and irrevocably agrees to be bound by any judgment
CONTACTING US REGARDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE OWED A REFUND FOR ANY REASON
We want you to be completely satisfied with your experience at Explore San Francisco and we will bend over backwards to make sure that you are happy. But sometimes that is just not possible, and it is just best for us to go our separate ways. Under these conditions we are more than happy to refund your money and to part as friends. We feel so strongly about this that "refunds" have their own email address: E-mail: info@ExploreSanFrancisco.biz Or call 415.504.3636 Ext 101
Without mentioning any names of popular websites, let us just say that at least one review site has recently taken on a whole new identity and has become vicious and heavy handed when dealing with small businesses. They have unleashed a whole new type of person on the world, one who feels entitled to leave permanent and scathing reviews of small businesses who have dissapointed the reviewer sometimes with the most innocuous of errors. We have received negative reviews because the reviewer didn't like the fact that she was expected to walk...On her walking tour. Another reviewer felt is was our fault that she could not find parking. We currently have a negative but filtered review from someone who gave us one star because we committed the horrible crime of canceling a tour due to low ticket sales, she concludes with, "Don't take their tour, they are scam artists". She did not take down her review and it will remain there forever, even though she was refunded her money and directed to another tour company that could accommodate her. In fact, all of these reviews will remain on the web forever, and will continue to diminish our ability to earn a living.
We have also been the victims of review hit jobs. We had one person leave us 9 negative reviews in one week. We didn't even know who she was. It was at this point that we stopped being afraid of the reviews, the reviewers or the awful site for whom they attack the innocent. So please be advised that if you leave us a review you should be fair, stick to the facts, do not make it personal, and if you lie, slander, or libel us, we will sue you immediately. We have joined a growing number of small business owners who are not going to be extorted any longer. If you have something mean and unfair to say about someone, be prepared to say it in a court of law.
We reserve the right to charge your credit card $3500 in the event of you leaving a damaging public review, without attempting to resolve the issue with us first. If you have posted a damaging review, and we have charged your card, we will reverse the charges when you remove the post. We hate to do this, and we certainly will do everything in our power to not do this, but this is our only defense against less than honest people who deliberatley post outlandish reviews which will remain on the internet forever. This idea is not ours but is legal, and has been used by a growing number of small businesses, and has been held up in the courts.
Luckily, almost 99% of our reviews are very positive, and to the lovely people who took the time to say something nice about us, thank you and we love you. We are doing this all for you after all. so we are so happy to hear that we've gotten it right, we love to make your day. If we have done something that you don't like, please tell us so that we can improve our business. We have a fun company and offer a fun product, we like people and enjoy meeting you and others from around the world. Let's keep this fun and treat each other right, let's pay it forward and make the world a better place.